One of my favourite Desktop Inspirations designs is Dream in Color.
Dreaming in color is an important key to success. How on earth do you dream in color?
Be specific about your dreams. If you don’t know exactly what you want, how are you ever going to determine what you need to do to get it?
Dreaming in color allows you to reverse engineer your dreams and figure out all the action steps you will need to take to achieve them.
Of course that is where the work begins. It is also when your dreams can start to become reality.
Break down your actions into measurable goals. SMART goals, originally defined by George T. Doran* and modified by others, have the following characteristics:
- Specific – target a specific area for improvement.
- Measurable – quantify or at least suggest an indicator of progress.
- Assignable/Achievable – specify who will do it/know it can be done
- Realistic/Relevant – state what results can realistically be achieved/make sure it helps move toward your dream
- Time-related – specify when the result(s) can be achieved.
Dreaming in color ensures that your goals will be specific. With this most important criterion met, you will be well on your way to getting exactly what you want.
*Quoted material from the Wikipedia page. Follow the link for more information.